For hygienic reasons, this Zero Waste* product cannot be returned!
The intensively nourishing composition of fairtrade shea butter with colour pigments of plants, flowers, fruits, roots, leaves, tree bark, husks and berries, does not grind, does not drip and gives an intensely shiny colour result!
The colours have already been developed and the Henna Brownies can be mixed endlessly with each other.
Henna Brownies Hair Colour Indigo
Indigo is used for a deep blue/purple glow (cool colour) on very dark hair types from very dark brown to deep black.
On mid-brown hair it gives a purplish colour. In the beginning it turns green, but after 1 day it turns purple.
The topping of lavender gives a nice scent and is wonderfully soothing for a dry or sensitive scalp.
If you want to keep up with the colour, you can use Henna colour shampoo Eden Black once a week.
Never use pure Henna Black or Indigo directly on grey hair, it will turn green and that haze will not disappear. On white hair it becomes blue/purple. Grey and white hair should therefore always be pre-pigmented with red first, or used as a mixing colour together with other colours.
For a deep black boost on very dark brown and black hair, use 80% Indigo and 20% Black.
Use red cabbage leaves, red wine that gives you a blue tongue and/or blueberries in the mixture. Cut it finely and let it boil for 30 minutes. Use the water together with the Henna Brownie Indigo. Leave it for a while to create a blue haze on the surface of the mixture. Let the mixture soak in for over 2 hours. Repeat the treatment after 1 week for an extra intensive color.
Dyeing light and grey hair black
- A):1 block of red, 1 block of dark brown and 1/2 block of Indigo (if necessary, repeat the colouring immediately, colour stacking)
- or (B): 11/2 dark brown and 1 cube of Indigo (if necessary, repeat the colour immediately, stack the colours)
- or C): first pre-pigment the grey hair with 2 blocks of Henna red, then after rinsing out (immediately, definitely within 24 hours!) 2 blocks of Henna Indigo for a second treatment in a row! If necessary, repeat the colouring immediately with Indigo (colour stacking).
How much do you need?
The required number depends on the length, thickness and structure of the hair. The thicker or longer your hair, the more Henna Brownies you need!
The following amounts are just an indication, for very thick hair or a lot of hair it is best to charge 30g to 60g extra:
- Update outgrowth and very short hairstyles: For normal hair, 60g is usually sufficient.
- Colour half-cut hair completely: For normal hair, 60g to 90g is usually sufficient.
- Colour half-long hair all the way down to the shoulder: For normal hair 90g to 120g is usually sufficient.
- Colour long hair all the way down to the shoulders: For normal hair 120g to 150g is usually sufficient.
- Colour long hairstyles over the entire length of the hair: For normal hair 180g to 210g is usually sufficient.
NOTE: The color result may vary by hair color and / or hair condition. Always test the colour first on a sample.
- On lighter hair colours there is an application time of 30 minutes.
- For thick and long hair: Extend the application time by about 20 minutes.
Instructions for use
The colours have already been developed and you can use the Henna Brownies immediately!
If you like, you can also make your own unique recipe with Henna Brownies by adding ground coffee, red wine, carrot juice, lemon juice or elderberry juice to the henna mixture. They will make the Henna colours even more intense!
1. Make sure your hair is washed clean and free of build-up and silicone residue. Use PaulPenders Love in the Layers Shampoo, or Bentonietklei.
2. The mixture should always be kept warm. So place a glass (refractory) dish on a tea light or keep it warm 'au bain marie'.
3. Place the Henna Brownies with a little hot water in the dish, and let the Henna Brownies slowly melt, like stock cubes.
4. If you are in a hurry, you can also first grate the Henna Brownies so that it melts faster.
5. Stir well for a nice, lump-free mixture, to a thick liquid paste.
6. Apply the mixture quickly with a firm, wide hair dye brush.
7. Are you colouring your hair for the first time? Apply the mixture pluck by pluck, using enough hair dye so that the hair is well saturated. Start thoroughly at the roots of the hair and work towards the ends by brushing until you have brushed the entire length of the hair. Massage the mixture in by hand, and then continue with the next tuft. Keep to the recommended application time.
8. Do you have coloured hair and do you want to update the outgrowth? Thoroughly apply the mixture to the roots of the hair until it grows, using enough hair dye to ensure that the hair is well saturated.
9. Wrap plastic foil around your hair with a terry cloth hairband around the edges to close tightly.
10. Keep your hair warm with the durable Eden Hood, so the colour pigments can do their job! If you don't have a heat cap, wrap aluminium foil around your hair with a warm towel on top.
11. Keep to the recommended application time(s)!
12. Then rinse your hair with plenty of warm water, and lightly wash your hair with Eden Henna Shampoo Bar. Rinse well.
13. Then you have to 'close' your haircuts again with a good 100% natural hair conditioner! Use the PaulPenders Love in the Layers Conditioner, or a conditioning cider vinegar hair rinse.
14. What is left of the henna mixture you can freeze! Let it thaw first before warming it up at the second time. Nice and durable!
Do not wash with shampoo immediately!
Let the hemp color layer for 4 days to reach its full depth. When you have just rinsed out the paste, the depth of the final colour is often not yet reached, and it will gradually become darker in the hours to days after, until the true colour is reached.
Grey and white hair may occasionally appear to have a slightly greenish haze after colouring, in which case don't worry! This will gradually disappear within a few hours or days, when the colour pigments start to oxidise and there is more 'warmth' in the colour. Only then will the colouring be fully developed.
Henna Indigo is made from Indigo, Indigofera Tinctoria and shea butter.