An essential oil is the concentrated, volatile substance extracted from the aromatic leaves, flowers, seeds, bark, peel or roots of a plant, usually by steam distillation.
These oils, also called essential oils, are used in aromatherapy to promote well-being, health and/or recovery. The aromatherapy essential oil blends you find here are suitable for inhalation through a vaporiser, in a bowl of warm water or directly from a tissue.
We offer a range of around 20 essential oils, all of which are of certified plant origin and therapeutic quality, certified organic and sourced from reputable suppliers who test the purity of each batch.
For ease of use and optimal storage conditions, all essential oils come in dark brown glass bottles with integrated droppers.
Please be aware that essential oils are highly concentrated substances that must be used with caution. If in doubt, always consult a qualified aromatherapist. We also recommend that you observe the following safety measures when using them:
1) Essential oils must NEVER be swallowed.
2) Keep out of reach of children who may be tempted to use them for other purposes.
3) Avoid direct contact with eyes and sensitive mucous membranes of mouth and genitals.
4) Always apply to the skin properly diluted - i.e. in a cold-pressed vegetable oil for massage, in a bath, in a skin cream, lotion, shampoo, etc. The most common exceptions to this rule are Lavender (Lavendula angustifolia) and Tea tree (Melaleuca alternifolia), which may be applied to the skin undiluted to a small extent under certain circumstances and preferably under professional supervision.
5) For children and during pregnancy, the concentration of the mixture should be reduced by at least 50%. If in doubt, seek professional advice.
6) If you suspect that your skin is sensitive or allergic, perform a "patch test" with the diluted mixture on a small area of skin 24 hours before use.
7) Store the bottles tightly closed, away from direct heat and light to keep them fresh and bio-active.